Friday, 30 December 2016

Scary Experiences Part 2 - The Update

Thank you so much to you all for your encouragement earlier in the week —I really was feeling very nervous about my lunch today.  When I met with them though, as some of you said, I’m really not sure why I was nervous as they were completely lovely and awesome.

The day started this morning with the lady I was meeting sending a group text to confirm that everyone was ok and to make sure we had the right time etc.  We agreed the time and I have to confess that I sent a side message to her to a) own up to my nervousness and b) to ask her what she was planning to wear.  She is one of the people I most admire from a fashion perspective - she spends a lot of money on clothes and particularly on shoes - and everything, expensive or not, is tasteful and completely suits her.  Today’s Jimmy Choos were a complete triumph!   She looked incredible.  I didn’t want to look frumpy or overdressed, so I thought I would check in to make sure.  Between us we agreed that what I was going to wear was perfectly right for the occasion, so I went with it.

So I got ready as usual - clearly paying a good deal of attention to my make up to make sure it was as good as I could make it.  I have been experimenting with eye shadows recently as I’ve nearly run out of my now discontinued favourite colour.  Today - they got some of my final precious supply on my eyes.  Anything to try to impress!  I even spent lots of time sorting my hair out - hairdryer - special hair product etc.  I just wanted to look tip toppety.  Because - and genuinely this isn’t to provoke a response, but I look at myself and just see a fat bloke in a dress.  Its hard to see anything else I guess when its you.  I’ll look at photos and purely see the bad bits - but I guess we all do that.

When I arrived the chap was already there and we waited about 10 mins for the lady.  We were talking away - he was really lovely.  He said that he was really impressed at how well presented and appropriate I looked.  He even said (with the appropriate caveats so as not to offend me) that he thought I look much better as a girl than when I’m in boy mode.  He really meant it too - not just flattery.  Honestly, I could have cried.   The lady then turned up with flowers for me which REALLY could have set me off.  I’ve only ever been given flowers once before and her ones really were lovely.

So we passed a few very happy hours talking about everything - people we’d worked with and where they were now, each other’s lives, boob jobs (not mine), my transition plans, hair extensions, transphobia, shoes.  Just everything.   It felt so normal and so relaxed.   I even brought a new dimension to ‘getting them out for the lads’ by handing over one of my silicon inserts so the chap could see what we meant by them!!  The staff were even fantastic where we were eating.  My friends said that I seemed happier than I ever have been before with them.  Which was really true inside me.  Sometimes you just feel like you could glow from the complete happiness of acceptance and feeling like you look lovely.  They made me feel every inch like just any other girl in their social group and more than that, they made feel like I could gain acceptance from the whole world.

I need more days like today, I really do.  Would it be greedy to ask for every day to be like that?

PS Lynn J, in the comments on my last blog said that if there are no photos, it didn't happen.  Hence the photo!  I need to remember to take some more often - I quite liked the ones taken today! :o)

10 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you that everything worked well! Knew it would! You rock!

    Hugs,

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to read that your meeting with friends went well Rhiannon and what a lovely touch too, your friend giving you flowers.

    She sounds like a lovely lady and by the sounds of it a well turned one too, 'Jimmy Choos', very nice.

    All the Best for 2017

    Kind Regards

    Lotte

    PS
    Lovely photo BTW, you look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! It's all worked out in the end.... and you looked lovely. Happy new year! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for you, yay for them and just all round yay!

    What a way to close out the year and I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing quite like being given flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely afternoon and lovely people. Hope you have more like it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad it all went well and you enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "...he thought I look much better as a girl than when I’m in boy mode." I'm sure you do, Rhiannon. If I had £1 from everyone who'd said that to me over the years, I'd be a rich lady. All of which goes to show that we are on the right path and will be happier, more confident and more accepting of ourselves by casting off as much of that old male side as we can, and as quickly as possible.

    Keep it up. You're doing great. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for your support - it really is really appreciated. It was an amazing afternoon -- I really enjoyed it with some amazing people. It couldn't have been more perfect, even down to the flowers.

    @Angie - thank you :o) - it doesn't happen to me that often, so its a new phenomena - one that I really could get used to! I think the weight loss is helping - amazingly I got 'Slimmer of the Week' and 'Slimmer of the Month' this morning which was really fab! :o) Its helping my journey towards 100% throwing off my male side... x

    Hope you all have the most amazing New Years Eves and 2017s. I'm really looking forward to hearing more of your journeys next year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did look very pretty, and the flowers were so nice. I knew it would all work out ,and I'm glad you had a fantastic time. You do look very happy and natural in your photo.

    ReplyDelete