So for some who read this, their response will be a big “so what”. If it is, I apologise for taking up your time. My blog is probably too fluffy for you anyway!! :o) But for those interested, it was a HUGE wow moment for me.
As you will know from my last post, I had some new photos taken this week and I was really pleased with them. I emailed them to a couple of friends who for various reasons don’t read blogs very much. One of my good friends, who is an awesome (rg) lady and a great supporter of mine, showed my photos to her sister. The sister and I are unlikely to ever cross paths and I have no issue with her knowing my secret at all. See previous blog on my ‘secret keeping policy’! In fact, if she's anything like my friend, I want her to know!
The twist that made me smile is this. When my friend showed her sister the photos, she didn’t tell her that I was really a boy - and her sister didn’t twig. She just thought that I was one of my friend’s girlfriends!
Plus they loved the green top. Yay me!
I know that its a small thing and that some of you are beyond needing this kind of affirmation or (lucky you) get it all the time. But the reality is that I don’t (yet). So it absolutely made my day. I was delighted.
I’ve since had other really nice feedback from friends who have seen the photos which is helping to create a very positive feeling in my heart and is edging out the sadness.
Told you that you might think, “so what”! But another milestone for me.

Affirmation, recognition, validation, appreciation et cetera, all these influences on our feminine presentation are ultimately important and in the end lifesaving, as far as I’m concerned. No, your experience certainly isn’t a “so what” thing to me. Milestones passed, milestones ahead, no matter what, they will always be telling us where we are.
ReplyDeleteAs far from a 'so what' as you could get... in a fast car. ;-)
ReplyDeleteThat's cool and I hope those joyful feelings stay with you for some time to come. It's nice when Life hands you such a lovely compliment.
:o)
ReplyDeleteThank you both - you are so lovely! I was worried that I was just being silly and overblowing what, in some people's eyes, would be a tiny trifle. Thank you for your kind words - they really helped me!
x