Friday, 17 February 2012

Amazing songs...

So I’m very overly sentimental and a huge fan of musicals.  I’ve just recently downloaded the soundtrack for the new musical “Matilda”.  I’ve been a huge Tim Minchin fan for some time, but he really has surpassed himself with this one.  The score is multi-layered with clever interchanges between songs.  It is just a joy.  So much so that I now want to go and see it on stage.

The song that I love the most is called 'Naughty' and its because of these words that have been inspiring me all week:

“Cos if you're little you can do a lot, you
Mustn't let a little thing like 'little' stop you
If you sit around and let them get on top, you
Won't change a thing
Just because you find that life's not fair, it
Doesn't mean that you just have to grin and bear it
If you always take it on the chin and wear it
You might as well be saying you think that it's OK
And that's not right
And if it's not right
You have to put it right

And nobody else is going to put it right for me
Nobody but me is gonna change my story
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty”

My millenary, and indeed fascinator, is dothed to Mr Tim Minchin for capturing, deep down, how I feel.

Have a happy Friday...

4 comments:

  1. You sound happier this week. Hope you are ok.

    It's a lovely peice of music and the words have such meaning. The show is well worth seeing if you ever get the chance.

    Becca
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do feel a little happier - still too much on, but I think you probably guessed that...

    I'm going to book tickets and drag a kid along with me - just any old random one!!

    Rhi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for songs with quality lyrics. I hope you enjoy the show.

    ReplyDelete