Friday, 24 February 2012

And outings that make you beam

So for some who read this, their response will be a big “so what”.  If it is, I apologise for taking up your time.  My blog is probably too fluffy for you anyway!! :o)   But for those interested, it was a HUGE wow moment for me.

As you will know from my last post, I had some new photos taken this week and I was really pleased with them.  I emailed them to a couple of friends who for various reasons don’t read blogs very much.  One of my good friends, who is an awesome (rg) lady and a great supporter of mine, showed my photos to her sister.   The sister and I are unlikely to ever cross paths and I have no issue with her knowing my secret at all.  See previous blog on my ‘secret keeping policy’!  In fact, if she's anything like my friend, I want her to know!

The twist that made me smile is this.  When my friend showed her sister the photos, she didn’t tell her that I was really a boy - and her sister didn’t twig.  She just thought that I was one of my friend’s girlfriends!

Plus they loved the green top.  Yay me!

I know that its a small thing and that some of you are beyond needing this kind of affirmation or (lucky you) get it all the time.  But the reality is that I don’t (yet).  So it absolutely made my day.  I was delighted.

I’ve since had other really nice feedback from friends who have seen the photos which is helping to create a very positive feeling in my heart and is edging out the sadness.

Told you that you might think, “so what”!  But another milestone for me.

3 comments:

  1. Affirmation, recognition, validation, appreciation et cetera, all these influences on our feminine presentation are ultimately important and in the end lifesaving, as far as I’m concerned. No, your experience certainly isn’t a “so what” thing to me. Milestones passed, milestones ahead, no matter what, they will always be telling us where we are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far from a 'so what' as you could get... in a fast car. ;-)

    That's cool and I hope those joyful feelings stay with you for some time to come. It's nice when Life hands you such a lovely compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :o)

    Thank you both - you are so lovely! I was worried that I was just being silly and overblowing what, in some people's eyes, would be a tiny trifle. Thank you for your kind words - they really helped me!

    x

    ReplyDelete