Tuesday, 22 March 2011

Boring Old Boy

So, after regaling you with my depressed feelings at the weekend – sorry about that.  Today, well some of today, was better.  First things first, thank you.  Becca and Karen – your kind words were so appreciated at a low point.  I'm really grateful that you took the time to encourage me.  I don’t get upset that often, but when I do, it can be spectacular!

Work was mad today.  As usual I am trying to do much in an unrealistic timeframe.  But that’s what I’m like really.  But I got back late today from work and just was in the mood to do the whole works. So I shaved, put on my glad rags, took ages to put on my make up and really enjoyed doing it.  Ate pasta and had a nice bottle of wine.  Whiled away the time watching TV, responding to a few emails, chatting to friends.  Vacuousness alert: friends are really fantastic, I really love them!

Anyway: at the risk of sounding schizophrenic – sometimes being Rhiannon is the best thing in the world.  Challenging and in many ways difficult to accept.  Always hard when the look isn’t completely what I want, but its still better than being a boring old boy anyday.  And feeling normal in a dress is priceless.  I wish it would be more than a few hours at a time.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad that my words can help - you know that many of us go through periods of self doubt and what makes it harder is that often we are isolated to a great extent. Its not as if we can go to out freinds or collagues and say I hate the way I look is a dress.

    We just end up internalising and I know that gets me know where - except depressed.

    Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and away you go again !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhiannon,
    Glad things have brightened for you (even if only shortly and temporarily). It seems no matter how low or long the clouds hang in the sky, one glimpse of a sunny day has a way of totally rejuvenating the soul, don't you think?

    Much love,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. :o) Thank you!

    And Kate - 100% definitely. I flew off for a long weekend in the sun last weekend. If the sun won't come to you...

    It made me feel so much better!

    ReplyDelete