Saturday, 19 February 2011

How did that happen?

So, yesterday was the first counselling session and I have to say I actually feel different, which leaves me rather agog.

The format and approach was not a million miles away from what I expected: lots of talking about my past, what I was trying to achieve etc. I have talked about what and who I am with other people, but talking to someone who is experienced in this area and who possesses a profound understanding of transgender issues was such a relief.

I didn't get any startling revelations, there was no Damascus experience. But I came away with a deep peace of knowing that I'm on a path to making some decisions and that I'm not alone in trying to make them. Instead, someone who's been there has got my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment