Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Chewbacca in a frock?


Hey that’s kind of a cool search to do on Google.  You get some interesting images back.  Also, some very unfair ones.  They are just wrong.  But who knew that you could even buy a Chewbacca dress - they claim its an Ewok dress, but I personally am not convinced.  It is very tempting though.  Sorry, I get distracted very easily.  None of this is the point of this post.   The point of this short post is to seek advice and most of all sympathy.

I’m planning, traffic permitting, to join the Chameleons Christmas party on Thursday.  In my exuberance, I bought a new dress.  It is so cute - a black skater dress with a lace top.  There is only one problem.  Chewbacca.  If you get my drift.  Where I can reach, I am smooth and silky.  Where I can’t, its not like its a furry rug, but its noticeable that I have some guy hair there.  That is really not a look that is going to rock my lacy dress.  So I’ve decided finally that a back wax is the order of the day.

Trepidatiously, I have booked my time slot and tomorrow...  Ouch. Ouch. And did I mention Ouch...  I’m going to have it done.  The pain is worth it presumably for the beautiful look that will follow?

So let’s have it.  What do I need to know that is going to get me through this scary scary rite of passage?  Hint: contributions that allay my fear are the ones I really want to hear. :o)

9 comments:

  1. Alcohol ..... or failing that female stoicism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends on how many you have drunk. I find that at a certain level I spill it .....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard that half a regular painkiller (or full) may help. Careful with Asprin as I believe that can thin the blood..... not that there should be much! :-)

    BTW, some Sudecrem (see Boots) may help with any post-wax rash. Good luck!

    PS: "Laugh it up, fuzz-ball" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the advice - and for the laugh. I love that quote so much. I really needed that right now.

      Now I just need someone to get this walking carpet out of my way and I'll be tippity top. x

      Delete
    2. Oh that's brutal but omg you know how to raise a smile

      Delete
  4. You will be very pleased to know that I went through with it. Actually, I quite enjoyed it. And am pleased with the very smooth result :o) x

    ReplyDelete